September Favourites

September Favourites

September seemed to fly by even quicker than August did, but I thank the universe that we are still having such lovely weather here in London. To mark the occasion of making it through another wonderful month, here are the things that I enjoyed most in September.

Jason Mraz

Jason Mraz

I had the absolute pleasure of seeing Jason Mraz in concert this month. It was a long awaited event that didn't disappoint. I promise I'm not here to preach my taste in music or promote some band that you hate. Jason Mraz is one of my September favourites because he seems like someone who is living his life right. It's not often that an artist will talk about climate change and his home grown kale in between songs at a gig, but that is exactly why he's my kind of guy. I had a bit of a moment when I looked around to see everyone singing, dancing and smiling along to I'm Yours at the Royal Albert Hall last week and this is why an avocado farming, yoga practicing, surfer dude who knows how to write a good song is my number 1 this September. He will always be my choice of music for days at the beach, long drives home and lazy Sunday mornings.


Radio Lab 
Radio Lab
Radio Lab is a podcast from WNYC, New York's public radio. I'm a big advocate of many podcasts, but this month Radio Lab really takes the biscuit for me. It is a show about curiosity that explores topics from the perceptions of science, philosophy and human experience along side cold hard fact. Specific episodes that I have enjoyed include What's Left When You're Right?, Hello, Black Box and 23 Weeks 6 Days and these can all be downloaded for free on iTunes. It's perfect listening for a long drive, whilst you do housework or if you want to escape from a busy commute.

Honk if you love feminism

Eleanor BrownEleanor Brown

This t-shirt and Julia Cave were two of my favourites in September. As some of you will know, bezzie Julia and I ran a 10k in September to raise money for Children with Cancer. During training my running wardrobe gained this new addition. Designed by Nadia Kamil as a positive retort to the harassment she received when exercising outdoors, this t-shirt is something I'm sure a lot of women will enjoy. Nowadays, whenever I get jeered or honked at I continue running with a smug sense of irony and satisfaction. This t-shirt can be bought here and £2 goes to charity with every purchase.

Eleanor BrownEleanor Brown

Speaking of charity, you still have about a week left to donate to Children with Cancer UK to support mine and Cave's efforts if you haven't already done so. Thanks to the race, my love of running has been rekindled and I'm looking forward to more autumnal trail runs in October (there's less honking off-road).

Like Crazy

Like Crazy

Like Crazy

Like Crazy is a film starring Felicity Jones, Anton Yelchin and Jennifer Lawrence that came out in 2011. I know I'm three years too late, but I am thoroughly recommending this film. It engaged me and then emotionally annihilated me. In short, it is an honest and disarming film about a young love that develops into an on-and-off long distance relationship and the frustrations that go with it. It sounds mushy. It's not. Now I am no film connoisseur, but I know that the acting in this film is superb and that alone make its worth a watch. Equally as honest but less heart-breaking than Blue Valentine whilst being less quirky but equally as charming as 500 Days of Summer, Like Crazy is now of my list of recommendations to watch.

I hope you had a good September and wishing you all wonderful Octobers. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm surprised we've not spoken about Like Crazy before. Possibly my favorite film. That or Brief Encounter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew it'd be your kind of thing. We can watch it together after a yoga session when you're back in London.

      Delete
  2. i'm staying in tonight and now i know what i'll be doing - either listening to the podcasts or watching like crazy! thanks brown bear x

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram

Twitter